The community of Glen Burnie, MD, is a suburb of Baltimore located in Anne Arundel County. Nicknamed “Chrome City,” Glen Burnie is home to population of roughly 69,000 residents across more than 17 square miles of beautiful Maryland countryside.
The area was founded in 1812 with property that was named “Glennsburne.” A mining, furnace and manufacturing company was later incorporated into the property, which flourished in the mid-19th century. Glenburnie then became an official state subdivision in 1888. It wasn’t until 1930 that the postmaster initiated the name change to the current Glen Burnie, having decided two words were better than one.
One of Glen Burnie’s main thoroughfares is Crain Highway, which opened in 1927, followed by Ritchie Highway in 1939. St. Alban’s Episcopal is a local historic church built in 1904, with many of its bricks dating back to the 1730s. Harundale Mall was completed in 1958, the first enclosed shopping center east of the Mississippi River and one of the first to be called a “mall.” Today, several smaller communities thrive within Glen Burnie, including Ferndale, Oakview Village and Fox Chase.
Environmental Automotive Services has been providing the residents of Glen Burnie with expert auto repair and customer service since 1994. We’re proud to have built a loyal Glen Burnie following over the years, and we look forward to welcoming you to our facility.